MOUNT KENYA CLIMBING ADVENTURE:
Up and Down Sirimon Route
5 Days Mount Kenya Climbing Adventure: Up and Down Sirimon Route
Nairobi – Mt Kenya
Transfer from Nairobi to Mountain Rock Lodge for lunch. Then on to Sirimon Park gate (2600 m). On completion of park entry formalities, have picnic lunch then begin a 3-4 hour hike through forest. Ascend 700 m bypassing the bamboo, rosewood and heather zones to Old Moses camp. The forest and bamboo are home to hundreds of buffaloes, elephants, bushbucks and a plethora of bird species. Dinner and overnight at Old Moses Camp (3300 m) (L/D)
- After an early breakfast commence a 6-7 hour trek to Shipton’s camp. The hike is awesome but a good test on individual endurance on the mountain as you cover a 900 m ascent in 6-7 hours. The moorland walk takes you across hills and valleys in the sprawling moorlands where you see several unique and interesting plants and animals including the Giant groundsels and lobelias and the mountain hyrax. Dinner and overnight at Shiptons Camp. (4200m) (B/L/D)
- Departing at 0800 hrs ascend the Hausberg col (4700 m) then descend steeply to Hausberg valley and Oblong tarns before making a further steep ascent, crossing huge boulders via Two Tarn on the way to Mackinder’s camp (4,300m) which is located along the Naromoru route within the Teleki Valley. Dinner and overnight at Mackinder’s Camp. (4300m) (B/L/D)
- Leaving the camp at 0300 hrs you hike up the steep scree slopes and glacier to Point Lenana (4985m), the hikers summit. It is planned that you arrive in time to witness the African Sun rising over the equator, reflect its golden glow on the Majestic peaks of Batian and Nelion. Later descend to Shipton’s camp (4200 m) for breakfast then relax for the rest of the day. Dinner and overnight at Shipton’s Camp. (4200 m) (B/L/D)
- Have early breakfast before your descend to Sirimon road head (2600 m) in 4-5 hours, from whereyou connect the vehicle for transfer back to Mountain Rock Lodge for a hot shower and lunch then return to Nairobi. (B/L)
END OF AFRICA SAFARIS ADVENTURE TOUR
The Price Includes:-
- Fall board accommodation whilst on the trek on camps or huts.
- Treated water on the safari
- Guaranteed price/Guaranteed trek on the confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain.
- All park entrance to include government taxes.
- Service of an English speaking professional guide and porters.
- Start and finish will happen in Nairobi.
Safari Price Excludes:-
- Personal effects
- Kenya Visas
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages or drinks
- Accommodation before and after trekking.
- Hotel accommodation before and after trekking.
- Any other item not mentioned in our itinerary.