7 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Adventure Safari –
|7 Days Mount Kilimanjaro Climbing Adventure Safari – Machame||Ksh.67,000
Kilimanjaro – Moshi
Pick up from Kilimanjaro airport. Transfer to Moshi Town.
Early evening pre-climb briefing on the trek.
Dinner and overnight at Mountain Inn. (D)
Moshi – Machame
After breakfast transfer to Kilimanjaro National Park Gate at Machame. Start the first section of the climb through the mountain forest to Machame Campsite at 10.000ft/3000m. Approximate walking time is 5 to 7 hours. Meals and overnight at Machame camp. (B/L/D)
Follow the steep ridge across heath and moorland to picnic rock and the Shira plateau, to Shira Campsite at 12.500ft/3.800m. (approx. 5 to 7 hours) Meals and overnight at Shira camp. (B/L/D)
Depart towards Kibo crossing a broad valley then climb to a ridge crest, later cross the scree slopes and a river valley to reach Barranco Campsite 13.000ft/3.900m. (5-7 hours) Meals and overnight Barranco camp. (B/L/D)
After breakfast cross the floor of the Great Barranco Valley, over the Barranco wall to the Karanga River – the last water point on this route. A steep climb over rocky slabs to Barafu Campsite at 15.500ft/ 4.600m (8-9 hours)
Dinner and overnight at Barafu camp. (B/L/D)
An early start for the summit – Uhuru Peak, which is the highest point in Africa at 19.340ft/5.896m (6 to 7 hours Descend via Barafu Campsite through the forest to Mweka Campsite at 10.000ft/3.000m.
Meals and overnight at Mweka Camp. (B/L/D)
Descend to gate
After breakfast descend through to the park gate at Mweka Wildlife College. (3 to 4 hrs) Met and transferred to Moshi Town.
Dinner and overnight at Mountain Inn. (B/D)
Breakfast at Mountain Inn. Later transfer to Kilimanjaro airport for your onward flight. (B)
END OF AFRICA SAFARIS ADVENTURE TOUR
The Price Includes:-
- Fallboard accommodation whilst on the trek
- Transport to and from the base of the mountain
- One night accommodation at Moshi before the treck and in tents on the Mountain.
- All park entrance to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional mountain guide, skilled cook and Porters.
- All services end at Nairobi
- Nairobi return shuttle
Safari Price Excludes:-
- Personal effects
- Kenya/Tanzania Visas
- Laundry/tipps,sleeping bags and Climbing geers.
- Any other item not mentioned in our itinerary.
- International flights
- Travel insurance with evacuation fees.
A HICKING GEER
- Sleeping bag
- Water proof jackets and pants(trousers)
- Hiking boots
- Warm clothing
- Warm fleece
- At least 5 t-shirts
- Extra sport shoes or sandles
- Hand gloves
- Thermal suit
- Hiking stik
NB// 1. Number 1 can be hired at Ksh. 500 per day
- 2-5 can be hired at Ksh. 200 per day
- 5-9 you need to carry
- A resident MUST present a resident CARD or alien CARD, they never accept a waiting letter